FlaskBB
A lightweight forum software in Flask
Administrator
avatar
Joined: Jul 09 2015
Posts: 122

Hey,

I finally managed to put a new design on the landing page.

There is still some content missing but I'll gradually add it over the next couple of weeks.
Feel free to help, it is made with lektor and the source is available here.
There is also a new default style for these forums here. It is actually just a clone of the default 'Aurora' theme with a different footer and a additional navigation on top. The source is also available on GitHub.

Member
Joined: Apr 10 2016
Posts: 7

Very nice!

I think you should work on the new plugin system (https://github.com/sh4nks/flaskbb/issues/183) Then I'd consider porting over some of my forked changes into plugins. 😄

Member
Joined: Jun 18 2016
Posts: 5

Thanks so much for all your work sh4nks! I decided to learn python and flask for web development. I've been reading over your code to help me learn the language and framework. As well as the many helpful extensions.

I come from a PHP background and lost interest. Python is waaaayyyy cooler. Same applies to flask. Love the framework.

It's completely different developing for the web in Python but I'm getting used to it. 👍

😲

Also are you available on IRC? I'd like to discuss code and ideas with you when you're available.

Administrator
avatar
Joined: Jul 09 2015
Posts: 122

starkana wrote:

Thanks so much for all your work sh4nks! I decided to learn python and flask for web development. I've been reading over your code to help me learn the language and framework. As well as the many helpful extensions.

I come from a PHP background and lost interest. Python is waaaayyyy cooler. Same applies to flask. Love the framework.

It's completely different developing for the web in Python but I'm getting used to it. 👍

😲

Also are you available on IRC? I'd like to discuss code and ideas with you when you're available.

I am really glad that my code helps you! You may still find some rough edges here and there but I think it's getting better and better 😃.

Unfortunately I am not but I really should get onto IRC. The freenode network is probably the way to go I guess?

Member
Joined: Apr 10 2016
Posts: 7

sh4nks wrote:

starkana wrote:

Thanks so much for all your work sh4nks! I decided to learn python and flask for web development. I've been reading over your code to help me learn the language and framework. As well as the many helpful extensions.

I come from a PHP background and lost interest. Python is waaaayyyy cooler. Same applies to flask. Love the framework.

It's completely different developing for the web in Python but I'm getting used to it. 👍

😲

Also are you available on IRC? I'd like to discuss code and ideas with you when you're available.

I am really glad that my code helps you! You may still find some rough edges here and there but I think it's getting better and better 😃.

Unfortunately I am not but I really should get onto IRC. The freenode network is probably the way to go I guess?

Freenode is pretty cool. Met a good friend there 6 years ago. I'm JTL on Freenode as well.

Administrator
avatar
Joined: Jul 09 2015
Posts: 122

Any recommendations for a client on Linux/macOS?

Member
Joined: Apr 10 2016
Posts: 7

Hexchat for a graphical client. I often just use weechat over SSH on a remote server so I can remain in channels when my laptop is off.

Member
Joined: Sep 17 2016
Posts: 96

sh4nks wrote:

Hey,

I finally managed to put a new design on the landing page.

There is still some content missing but I'll gradually add it over the next couple of weeks.
Feel free to help, it is made with lektor and the source is available here.
There is also a new default style for these forums here. It is actually just a clone of the default 'Aurora' theme with a different footer and a additional navigation on top. The source is also available on GitHub.
fdsfs dsf

Member
Joined: Sep 17 2016
Posts: 96

jtl wrote:

Hexchat for a graphical client. I often just use weechat over SSH on a remote server so I can remain in channels when my laptop is off.
reqw

Member
Joined: May 16 2016
Posts: 2

I use Weechat as an IRC client on Unix. Quite ok.