FlaskBB
A lightweight forum software in Flask

Hi there,

thanks for developing this board! I enjoy Flask and was happy to find a board written in Flask. I have some questions about additional features:

• is it possible to add attributes to users and display them next to posts and in the user list? Something like name of the pet, hair color of math teacher in the 6th grade or anything like that
  • is there a way to hide users online status if she/he likes to (some like ghost mode known from other BBs)

Regards
AndreasG

Furthermore it looks like my time zone is not considered. Is there a way to change this?

Administrator

Thanks for your suggestions!

• is it possible to add attributes to users and display them next to posts and in the user list? Something like name of the pet, hair color of math teacher in the 6th grade or anything like that

You mean additional user fields right? Something like this is not available but I think this can be nicely implemented as a plugin :)

• is there a way to hide users online status if she/he likes to (some like ghost mode known from other BBs)

Nope, its not possible atm but I'll gladly accept a PR for this! 😃

Cheers! 🍻

Administrator

btw, you can disable the online tracking globally if you want - just set "Online last minutes" to 0.

online last minutes

Cheers! 🍻

Hey sh4nks, thx for the fast reply!

I'm gone play with the mark_online and get_online_users functions the add the ghost mode there. My first attempt would involve a third list of online users, which are in ghost mode to show them to administrators and moderators as well as to the specific users. Any thoughts about this?

You mean additional user fields right? Something like this is not available but I think this can be nicely implemented as a plugin :)

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Do you have some hints to do this? From what I have seen, plugins seem to work as additional "page". How would you execute the plugin in topic view to load the user field and display it below the user's avatar?

Administrator

I'm gone play with the mark_online and get_online_users functions the add the ghost mode there. My first attempt would involve a third list of online users, which are in ghost mode to show them to administrators and moderators as well as to the specific users. Any thoughts about this?

Maybe it might just be enough to add a new setting for the users (and for the admins to enable it globally) and then we could just adapt the query. The guests are displayed only when redis is enabled anyway. What do you think about this?

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Do you have some hints to do this? From what I have seen, plugins seem to work as additional "page". How would you execute the plugin in topic view to load the user field and display it below the user's avatar?

At the moment they are just used for this because I couldn't think of a better use case. It's no problem to add some hooks/events inside the code.
You could start with a new model which has fields like, 'key' and 'value' or such and just display them on the users page and everywhere you want to display it. For this you probably just need some template events where you add your plugin specific html code. I hope this helps a bit :)

Cheers! 🍻